‘Learn to Swim’ Swimming Instructor / Laurie Lawrence Swim School, Springwood & Banora Point
Jan 2016 - March 2020
Part time – after-school hours.
Teaching children ages 4 to 14 swimming and water safety. Following a pre-defined curriculum; Laurie Lawrence Swim School, Level 1 to Level 3 Advanced. Also teaching school children how to swim during “school swimming” which involves larger class sizes. Many of my classes focused on beginner swimmers, often timid, sometimes with special needs. I gain their trust, get them floating and then swimming. This role requires great sensory accuity, high adaptability and excellent people skills. Also hold "AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics - Access and Inclusion" qualification so I can work with the disabled, elderly and CALD. (Workplace shut due to COVID-19)
Oct 2015 - Dec 2019
Running a Digital Marketing Agency, doing Websites for clients, running workshops, presenting to small business owners, selling online services (SEO, Web design & security, Social Media Management) etc. I delight in over-delivering to my clients. I thrive on people contact & interaction. I am excellent at customer service. I am looking for a position where interacting with people and helping them is a core component of the role.
IT Contractor – Assorted Project Work / City of Port Phillip St. Kilda, Melbourne
Dec 2014 - May 2015 and July 2013 - May 2014
Various roles, due to my excellent technical skills and ability to get in and get the job done. Preformed Server and Data Migrations, worked on Disaster Recovery Plan, updated critical documentation and procedures.
(After living and working in Melbourne for 13 years, finally got a Motorhome and explored East Coast of Oz when travelling up to QLD for Winter 2014 before deciding to move to Gold Coast area permanently in mid-2015.)
Nov 2011 - April 2013
PABX (NEC), VMWare ESXi, vCentre, Windows 2008, Exchange 2010, Firewalls, Email appliances, DFS replication and namespaces, Level 3 support, Backups and Restores, Creation of Virtual Machines, Patching, Office fit-out, deploying applications
- Migration of approx 100 users and their telephone systems to new office.
Senior Server and Network Administrator / City of Port Phillip St. Kilda, Melbourne
Mar 2010 - Jun 2011
Initially worked in the IT Department of the Library Service, then was seconded to the Council's IT Department.
- Managing IT Infrastructure such as Firewalls, Cisco Switches, VMWare vCentre v 4.1, Windows 2003/2008 Servers (installing and configuring), Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), Novell ZENWorks, NetApp SAN’s, PABX & Voicemail System, Anti-virus Solution (McAfee EPO), etc.
- Built new Spydus Server for the Library Service. Implemented Firewall rules for Library functions to permit connectivity with Online Resource providers such as; Webfeat, 360 Search and our RFID Vendor.
- Patching and cabling when required; Fiber-Optic backbone, Ethernet, and twisted pair (in the IDF).
- Created Change Requests and implemented them following defined Change Management process.
- Documented the Network links for key sites (using my Cisco Skills, mapped out all the VLANS, directly connected devices, Interface IP’s, subnets etc. which proved invaluable when a Network outage occurred due to a faulty router.). Wrote technical documentation (TIDs) on Firewalls etc.
- Providing IT Support to Library Staff and Library Patrons at 5 branches of PPLS (Port Phillip Library Service).
- Technologies: Spydus Library Management System (ver. 8.5); Talking Tech (IVR and Phone Notices for Patrons); Net Loan (running on a SQL server which manages PC Bookings & study room bookings for the Patrons);
Windows XP Desktops managed through ABTutor and utilising DeepFreeze to lock Public Internet PC’s down. PaperCut Print Station management software. Fuji Xerox Multi Function Devices.
Novell Management tools such as: ConsoleOne, iManager, ZENworks (Application deployment mainly), Cisco Wireless LAN Controller with 5 Lightweight Access Points, Cisco Catalyst Switches (Public Network).
- Assist Staff and Members of the Public with any IT Training & problem solving
- Provided excellent Customer Service to both staff and Library Patrons.
- Assisted members of the public with borrowings and returns (Desk operations)
- Assisted library patrons with many library services, such as; Finding items in the library, assisting them with the catalogue, Online Resources, ebooks and audio books
- Conducted Staff Performance Reviews, Interviewed candidates for job vacancy.
Local IS Manager / Covidien (Formerly Tyco Healthcare), Dublin, Ireland
Nov 2008 – Jun 2009
Covidien opened a Customer Services Centre in Dublin in July 08. Expanding business with many new staff coming on board. The headcount grew from 120 to 180 employees within three months.
- IT support – Levels 1 to 3
- Backups and Restores
- WSUS server deployment
- Network and server performance troubleshooting
- Agent Management (user creation & profiles) on Avaya Interaction Centre (Avaya PBX)
- Active Directory standard tasks; User Account creation, Mailbox creation, deletions.
- SOE creation and Desktop deployment
Avaya Interation Center, Business Advocate and VoIP system. RightFax fax server
Windows 2003 Server, Active Directory, Windows XP Desktops, Backup Exec 11d,
Mar 2007 – Dec 2007
MAB Corp is a Property Developer, Property Management, Funds Management and Hotel/Serviced Apartments Company. High availability, high data integrity on all systems is mandatory. MAB require 24 x 7 Operations for both the Financial and Hotel functions of the business.
Head Office Move to new building:
- Migrated Data Centre, Disaster Recovery Site and Head office Server room
- Negotiated contracts for new Data Centre, Internet and WAN links.
- Project Managed, planned and budgeted move.
- Defined timelines, organised Third Party Suppliers as necessary
- Implemented new ISP for Internet and WAN links (WAN Migration)
- Upgraded LAN Switches to POE, Wire-speed, managed switches
- Evaluated, purchased and implemented VoIP PBX phone & Voicemail System
- Physical relocation of all Servers, Blade Centre and SANs & RAID Arrays
- Server consolidation and server decommissioning, Server Upgrades
- Printer consolidation, upgrades and introduction of Multi-Function devices (Printers, Scanners, Photocopiers, Booklet Binders & Fax-in-1)
Hardware: IBM Blade Centre (plus blades), SANs, HP Proliant DL380 Servers, Tape Library, HP ProCurve & Netgear Switches, Cisco Routers (MPLS Network), Firewall.
Software: Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003, Windows Terminal Server, SQL server,
BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server), Backup Exec, Ghost, DiskClone, Symantec Antivirus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the IT infrastructure performs 24 hours a day (24 x 7 operations).
- Implement IT Strategy and advise the business on smarter ways to apply technology.
- IT planning (architecture, performance, capacity, integrity, security, budget, resourcing, business integration)
- Provide direction and leadership to the IT Department, Determine IT solutions
- IT team management (Coordinate work of support staff and help desk, mentor staff)
- Design and implement Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Plan
- Manage IT operations and resources
- Determine & Manage IT training
- Determine & Manage IT budget
- Develop IT QA plan
- Determine & Manage Solutions Providers & IT vendors
- Negotiated Contracts with suppliers (Telecommunications/Internet, Vendor Support, etc.)
- Monitor, Review and upgrade IT Security Plan
- Responsible for IT policy documents
- Manage Network Infrastructure (performance, security, integrity)
- Monitor performance and initiate recoveries after system failures (if they were to occur)
- Assist with Third Level Technical support where required
- Overall responsibility of Backup of corporate data
- Plan and implement hardware and software migrations, Coordinate system updates and replacement of old software versions
- Control of system access and security
- Advise users on IT Systems usage and remote connectivity
- Saved the company over $16,000 in excess Telecommunication charges within 2 months
Oct 2003 – Mar 2007
Duties included the following:
- Strategic IT Management & technical leadership responsibility
- Responsible for security, operation and maintenance of Burns Bridge Australia's entire IT Infrastructure, including Data links, network, user systems and all IT Equipment such as: Firewalls, Servers, mail servers,
- IT Decision maker: Chose technologies and service providers for Data & Telecoms.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning and Execution. Responsible for archiving data.
- Upgraded Cisco PIX Firewalls OS (IOS). Set up intra-site VPN Tunnels for new sites.
- Responsible for Hardware and Software Asset Inventory and Licensing.
- Managed all IT staff. Recruited and managed contract IT staff for project works.
- Conducted User Training Sessions to educate Staff. Advised users on any changes to the system. Assisted users on system use and the various methods to access system when off-site.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work within an environment of change and conflicting demands.
- Documented the IT Infrastructure. Prepared technical reports on systems operation.
- Coordinated work of support staff and training in system use and access.
- Management and configuration of PABX and Voicemail (120 extensions). GSM units.
Central Queensland University
2020 - Ongoing
Community Services Skill Set - currently studying during COVID-19.
Tony Robbins Mastery University
2015 - Ongoing
Ongoing commitment to personal development and self impovement. Have attended "Unleash the Power Within" and "Date with Destiny" multiple times, and crewed. Attended "Leadership Academy" in 2019 and was scheduled to attend "Date with Destiny Leadership Program" Easter 2020 (delayed due to Covid-19).
Griffith University Dublin
1996 - 1998
Joint Examining Board (J.E.B.) / Loretto Business School
Teacher Trainer Certificate in Information Technology Skills
Institute of Commercial Management (I.C.M.)
1993 - 1994
Diploma in Information Technology
National Council for Vocational Awards
1993 - 1994
NCVA Information Processing
Hobbies and Interests
Psychology, Personal development and self impovement, Leadership skills, Management and Business development, Marketing, Technology 📱 Spirituality & Reiki Energy ☮, Meditation and Gratitude 🙏 Biohacking.
Sailing. ⛵ Active member of Tweed Valley Sailing Club.
Nature lover. Swimming, bicycle riding, walking, treking, bush walking, exploring and travelling. ✈️ When I would finish an IT contract I'd often go travelling for a few months. 🌍
Animal Lover (especially dogs 🐕 🐩) Healthy living. Creating a caring society. 🔯 Leaving the World a better place. 🌏 ∞ Eco friendly. 🐧 🐨 🐬 🐳
Motivated to help lift others up. Love to serve. 😇 🙌
Note: My surname is not on this page. Go ahead, ask me "why?". Simply call me for an interview on: ☎ 0426 420 987
. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful day!